Welcome to the 1st Taco Tuesday @ St. Lawrence
219 N. Peters St. NOLA 70130
Every Tuesday 7pm – 1am
[Grilled Chicken, Carnitas (Pork), Fish (Tilapia), Tofu]
All tacos served with Chipotle Ranch Taco Sauce, Vinegar Based Slaw, and Freshly Prepared Pico de Gallo
[Fried Sweet Plantain]
Caramelized Cauliflower Herb Salad
Made with local garden herbs and tossed in a [Kali Crafted] Vinaigrette
Poached in a Garlic and Wine Butter Sauce and served with Grilled French Bread
A few posts ago, I showed a technique of illuminating thinly sliced foods with a flashlight app on your smart phone. You can check that post out HERE. Since first trying it, my phone hates me and I’ve played around with other foods. This is….. a KIWI.
Recipe adapted from Lucky Peach #1:
3 cups [400 grams] All Purpose Flour
3 teaspoons Sodium Carbonate [Heat thinly spread baking soda @ 200˚ F for one hour]
1/2 cup [100 grams] Warm Tap Water
1/2 cup [100 grams] Cold Tap Water
1. Dissolve baked soda in warm tap water, then add soda mixture to cold water.
2. Place flour in a food processor or mixer and add soda mixture.
3. Mix until flour is crumbly and soda mixture is mixed well. Then place dough on a clean work surface.
4. Knead dough for 5-8 min. Let rest at room temperature for 20 min, then knead for another 5-8 min.
5. Wrap ball of dough in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
6. Remove dough ball from refrigerator and cut in to quarters.
7. If you have a past machine, you know what to do. If not, continue.
8. Roll out one quarter into a very thin sheet, then dust with flour and fold into a pile.
9. Cut into thin strips with a very sharp knife and place into LOTS of boiling water until done.
10. Drain noodles and place into a hot and flavorful liquid.
11. Get funky with what you put into your ramen broth; pork cracklings, vegetables, poached egg, bacon… play around and ENJOY
album cover to a CD entitled
(The album cover folds open to a poster exposing more of the picture but this was the only picture I could find.)
We had tons of CDs pouring in the radio station every day,
so eye-catching album art usually meant the music was worth listening to but was most certainly not always the case. In this case, the album “Soundtrack for Moments” (a compilation of music from bands in the Lawrence, KS indie scene),
the music was GREAT.
One of the songs that
out was “14k Soul” by a band called “The Ugly Boyfriend”. I liked the song so much that I
called, eh hem… hunted
down Nick Gordon, the producer of “Soundtracks…” to find more music from them. Nick told me that the band was defunct and the guy that did the cover art, also played in The Ugly Boyfriend… Travis M. Millard.
Well, I was smitten.
Travis had moved to NYC, stopped recording music under The Ugly Boyfriend and started
After some correspondence with Travis, I sent him an advanced copy of what was
Radiohead’s newest album AMNESIAC
and he replied with a bunch of stuff from FUDGE (a zine, stickers, cards…) and a copy of a bunch of
unreleased songs from The Ugly Boyfriend and Chebella! (a band Travis and Mates of State’s, Kori was in).
The CD was AWESOME and I really liked the artwork coming out of Fudge Factory.
Fast forward about 12 years…
Travis moved out to Los Angeles, we’re no longer in correspondence, I still have and listen to his CD, and I still follow Fudge Factory Comics here and there.
Check out his stuff, it’s GOOD.